One week my year walked up to the Pittville pump room with the tutors and were asked to create some observational drawings of different angles of the building so we would get a good idea how it fully looked. Unfortunately at the time I had injured the thumb on my drawing hand and had to use my other hand instead for the drawings. Afterwards we had to use the information we recorded about the pump room and make an illustration of the pump room but we had to change aspects of it and as this intrigued me I decided to wait till my thumb got better in the next couple of days so then I could focus on it.. For me I decided to go for a theme from a movie I watched when I was younger Monster house. For this I gave the house eyes, changed the pillars to teeth and gave the statues weapons. Unfortunately my original recording were tampered with before I could add them onto the blog. I really enjoyed creating this illustration because it made me have to think of many way I alter an image to make it into something else. What I would change though is that I would've redone the observational drawings again on a different day with my better hand.
Pittville monster pump room

No comments:
Post a Comment