Near the end of the first term, we were given a project to walk throughout Cheltenham, and map out a route that starts from Imperial Gardens to Francis Close Hall campus. Throughout this journey we had to draw items that interested us that related to the theme of Christmas because after we finished creating the map we had to make a one page A3 narrative illustration of the route using the theme. For my story I decided to have a Christmas elf walk throughout Cheltenham looking for a missing Christmas tree light since I noticed there was one missing on the tree in the gardens. The techniques I used were simple pencil design for the sketches of through the town but for my final piece I used felt tip pens. I enjoyed this work because we were given free reign of the route we could take as long as it went from A to B and of the story we wanted to make as long as it remained about Christmas, however if I would change something, it would be the time of when we did the mapping because it was too cold to draw on the actual day.







No comments:
Post a Comment